Simplicity, scalability and versatility define LinuxDA - the powerful suite of Linux operating software from Empower Technologies. Based on the open-source Linux kernel and a proven solution for intelligent consumer electronic devices, LinuxDA O/S fulfills the needs and demands of developers and the dynamic consumer electronics industry.
Working alongside Texas Instruments (TI), Empower developed LinuxDA Embedded O/S (LEOs) configured for TI’s OMAP 5910 dual processor. The versatility of LEOs and the power of OMAP initiate a new level of performance expectations for intelligent devices; with increased headroom for applications and expansion capabilities to best suit the needs of developers, manufacturers and developers and consumers.
- Consists of a TMS320C55x DSP plus a TI-enhanced ARM925 microprocessor
- Dual-core SoC (system-on-chip) drives applications requiring high-performance real time signal processing at low power consumption
- Powers personal data terminal (PDT) devices with communication (wired/wireless), real-time data and/or multimedia capabilities
- Priced at $900 USD, the LEOs Development Kit with LEOs, the OMAP 5910 dual processor and an evaluation module afford a new level of cost efficiency for developing LEOs-based applications
- No licensing fees exist until applications are ready for commercial release
The LEOs™ Development Kit is comprised of 2 parts:
1. EVM (Evaluation Modules)
- Embedded Processor Module (EPM): Memory, Flash, power and support logic for the OMAP™5910 device.
- Interface Display Module (IDM) - Supporting the buttons, LCD display, touch screen, support logic (front light and power supplies), battery management, audio, USB and serial interfaces.
- LAN & Expansion Module (LEM) - Sitting between the Processor and Interface Display Modules, it provides Ethernet, JTAQ and standard HP logic analyzer for debugging capabilities.
The EVM includes:
- OMAP 5910 CPU 289 pin package
- 32 MB SDRAM
- 32 MB OS Embedded Flash Memory
- NEC Thin film Transistor (TFT) Liquid crystal display (LCD) with Quarter Video Graphics Array (QVGA), 240x320 resolution and 16-bit color screen
- I2S Audio Codec AIC 23 power amplifier, speaker, headphones, and microphone connections
- SD/MMC External Memory Interface
- USB Client and Host port
- 10 Mbit Ethernet LAN port
- HP logic analyzer debugging port
- Dual UART interface with voltage adaptation to connectors
- 2 – 9-pin serial ports
- Complete set of interface cables
- Real-time clock
- One configuration DIP switch
- Option switch and reset button on the back and reset/status LED on the front
- Five-pole navigation buttons
- Li-polymer battery and AC/DC adapter
2. LEOs Software Development Kit (SDK)
The SDK includes:
- Linux 2.4.21 Kernel and source code
- Device Drivers: Frame Buffer, Touch Screen, UART, IrDA, SD, USB Host, USB Client, Power Management, Real-Time Clock, Button, Keyboard, Console
- TI DSPLink Device Driver for TI DSP Programming
- LinuxDA proprietary graphical user interface (GUI) library
- Sample LinuxDA GUI Programs
- LinuxDA Database Library
- Hand Writing Recognition
- Soft Keyboard
- Full Feature IP Stack
© 2004 Empower Technologies, Inc. or its subsidiaries. All rights reserved. The registered trademark Linux ® is used pursuant to a sublicense from the Linux Mark Institute, the exclusive licensee of Linus Torvalds, owner of the mark on a world-wide basis. LinuxDA, LEOs and PowerPlay are trademarks of Empower Technologies, Inc. OMAP is a registered trademark of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.